Our Work in the 2015/2016 Academic Year
- Trinity College will sponsor a University Course on the topic of difference, race and inequality.
- Planned for Spring 2017, to be convened by Dean Ashby and Sandy Darity, the Samuel DuBois Cook Professor of Public Policy
- Trinity reaffirms its ongoing commitment to increasing the diversity of our faculty as an investment in academic excellence. Implicit Bias Training is now required for all faculty search committees. We also plan to create an orientation for all new faculty members that will include this type of training.
- Trinity will expand the availability of Implicit Bias Training to other faculty and staff groups.
- More than 90 faculty and staff reporting to the dean have completed Implicit Bias Training.
- Trinity will lead and sponsor opportunities for ongoing smaller conversations with faculty, staff, undergraduate and graduate students, and alumni.
- Established Trinity Student Diversity Advisory Committee in spring 2016, will continue meetings into the fall of 2017
- The Dean of Trinity College of Arts & Sciences will establish an advisory committee on diversity and inclusion, to convene at the start of the spring semester.
- Committee established - see Trinity Diversity Advisory Committee