USP Bull City Scholars DPS Middle School Outreach Project
Thursdays, 4:30-5:45, Few GG101
This course will prepare undergraduates who are interested in tutoring and mentoring at Neal Middle School with the Bull City Scholars organization. By engaging with readings, class discussions, guest speakers, and films, students will begin to understand the history of public education in the city of Durham, the demographic and infrastructural shifts that have impacted the community over the past 20 years, and the particular challenges to college access that students from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds face.
- Daniel Kwon, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Martin Cala, email@example.com
- Noah Michaud, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maria Zurita, email@example.com
- Victoria Lodewick, Education