1. Remember the return application deadline:
|Returning Semester||Application Period Opens||Application Deadline|
|Fall||June 1||July 1|
|Spring||October 1||November 1|
|Summer I and II||March 1||April 1|
2. Complete the Request for Return: Request for Return
3. Student Disability Access Office (SDAO): Students experiencing mental health and health concerns may qualify for classroom or housing accommodations through the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). Please visit the SDAO website or call the Student Disability Access Office, at (919) 668-1329 for additional information.
4. Request for Transfer Credit: If you are eligible to transfer credits back to Duke, you must request that an official transcript be sent directly to Duke's Registrar's Office. Only transcripts sent directly from the visiting institution’s Office of the Registrar are considered official documents. It is against faculty regulations for any candidate to take a course at another university and later enroll in the equivalent course at Duke. After your official transcript has been reviewed by your review committee, it will be forwarded to Duke’s Office of the Registrar independent of your return decision. If you were academically dismissed or suspended, you are not eligible to receive credit for course work completed during your separation period.
5. Housing Request: Contact Housing and Residence Life regarding your residency while your request for return is under review.
6. International students: Contact Duke Visa Services as soon as you determine that you will request to return to Duke. Student Visa Services can inform you of visa matters related to your return. Duke Visa Services can be contacted at email@example.com.